....... whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

pictures from the past days...


I started the kombucha I am so excited to try it in several days!

Here is the skirt that I got from J&N
I liked it so much that I made one out of some pieces of cotton fabric we had laying around. It turned out smaller because when I made the pattern I did not put any seam allowance. I think it turned out nice for a first, Like I said before I do not do much sewing but I like to do it.
Yesterday evening I made another skirt. This time I added seam allowance. I copied the pattern on paper so I can remember what shapes to do next time.The picture was taken at night so that is why it looks the way it does.
(and I am twirling around)
I have been making feta, It is turning out really good! Here it is in the cloth just before I hang it up to drip out the whey.
and this is it sliced and ready to age for a few days, the recipe that I use is: HERE

I am just about finished with my socks, I will probley finnish them by tonight. I will not be able to take a picture of them until tomorrow because Hannah took the camera with her to Rebecca's. I made some flat breads today and goat and pork shanks for dinner. The shanks are still in the clay oven so I better go and check and see if they are done. I am going to serve them with Wehani Rice. If you are ever trying to find a good rice that is the rice to get!
well better go...

3 comments:

Grace said...

Oooo, I love feta, especially in salads! What a wonderful post, dear Grace! It is always so fun to have a peek into your life!
Hope you are having a blessed evening!
With love from your sister in Christ,
(The Other=) Grace

Mrs. G said...

Grace,
For someone who says they don't sew much your skirt sure looks professional! Beautiful work!

I have never tried that type of rice, we eat mainly Basmati but it's getting *so* expensive. I must admit, I'm a "rice wimp", I don't like brown rice because it tasted like tree bark. :-) How does your rice compare?


Mrs. G

Miss Grace Elizabeth said...

Mrs. G.
Wehani Rice is full of flavor and is very filling. It has a nutty flavor and when I eat it I feel so good about what I am putting into my body. After eating this rice for a few months I had some white rice at a friend's house and the flavor of the while was nothing compared to Wehani, and I could taste chemicals in it too. So I think I am sticking to this Wehani Rice. It is more expensive than the other rice. But it last longer because we don't have to cook up as much. We got our Wehani Rice through "Country Life Natural Foods". It is Lundberg Wehani rice.
here is the link to their Products and Pricing page:

http://www.clnf.org/onlinecatalog/productsnew.html

Just click on "grain" on the list on the left.
the wehani rice is #072550

~Grace