I am making a pair of socks for Izzy. He has really big feet and can't fit into shoes, so I am making these for him. When they are done I am going to stitch some leather on the sole. I did not have a skein of yarn so I made one on friday evening. I really like how it turned out. One ply is a repeat of red, gray, blue, and a blue/red/green. The second ply is dark brown. I will post a picture of the socks when they are done. I had a thought of something that I could nålbind. I thought that wool diapers covers would be something that would be easy to make. So, maybe that is my next project!

1 comment:
Hello Grace! I haven't stopped by in a while, but I just wanted to say hello, and tell you about a funny dream I had. I dreamed that our family, your family, and some other families all had a reunion together at a neat old homestead (still used and working hard), and you, Hannah, my sister Trissy and I all really had a great time together! I remember thinking how great it was to finally meet you two! ;D
The yarn in the pictures is so attractive - I love the Americana-type colors! Can't wait to see a picture of the finished socks! In the spare time I have, I'm working on embroidering Bible verses on cotton squares. They will be the centers of the blocks for a blue and white quilt I'm making for a friend's baby brother. I love to see the things you make!
SOLI DEO GLORIA!
-Kyrie<><
Post a Comment